Menu

Quick Question: Bought item, didn't get it (yet)

File a claim I suppose.

If you PM'd the person and received no response, you can file a claim I think.

Soon I need to check on the same situation. I sold someone a book well over a month ago, and because it was sent to Canada, I knew it would take longer; but last I heard ( a couple of weeks ago) she hadn't received it. If she doesn't receive it soon, I'm just going to refund her, trusting that if it shows up, she will pay again.

Ideally, that should be what happens when you PM the seller. Ideally it wouldn't go to "pay pal claim".

File a claim I suppose.

If you PM'd the person and received no response, you can file a claim I think.

Soon I need to check on the same situation. I sold someone a book well over a month ago, and because it was sent to Canada, I knew it would take longer; but last I heard ( a couple of weeks ago) she hadn't received it. If she doesn't receive it soon, I'm just going to refund her, trusting that if it shows up, she will pay again.

Ideally, that should be what happens when you PM the seller. Ideally it wouldn't go to "pay pal claim".

:iagree::iagree:

I've never used the FS boards but it seems like there are issues over people not wanting to leave bad feedback in fear of retaliation. So please leave accurate feedback to protect others in the future.

I've never used the FS boards but it seems like there are issues over people not wanting to leave bad feedback in fear of retaliation. So please leave accurate feedback to protect others in the future.

Sadly retaliation does occur...but the hope is that the moderators would take care of it especially if the seller shows a pattern...but by not leaving feedback others get put in a situation where they are taken advantage off...in the situation I had at least 1 person before me had a problem but didn't leave feedback...I left feedback but even still 4 other people ended up having problems. But if the first had left negative feedback I would never have purchased in the first place so it is really important.

How do I leave feedback? I didn't see any "button" to click in order to leave it. I would just simply say that we didn't receive the item, have contacted the seller, and have had NO word at all about it.

Sadly retaliation does occur...but the hope is that the moderators would take care of it especially if the seller shows a pattern...but by not leaving feedback others get put in a situation where they are taken advantage off...in the situation I had at least 1 person before me had a problem but didn't leave feedback...I left feedback but even still 4 other people ended up having problems. But if the first had left negative feedback I would never have purchased in the first place so it is really important.

What kind of retaliation? :bigear:

negative feedback left for the person who left negative feedback...usually including phrases like liar and awful person, there is space to chat out the problem but that I believe is only visible to the parties involved so all everyone else sees is a negative

ETA: but even if retaliatory feedback is left at least no one else will be scammed by that seller again or they will know to be cautious when dealing with them and be ready to file a claim.

Edited by Murmer