Menu

iPod Touch advice needed?

My DS wants an iPod Touch for Christmas. It is really the only thing on his list. I am kind of on the fence about buying him one because he can be a bit obsessive about video games but I think he can handle it is we set some limits.

So I am looking online to see what the deals are. So far the best deal I have found is Target has the 8 GB for $195 with a $40 gift card with purchase. (Best Buy has the same deal with a $50 gift card but I don't have the much else to buy at BB).

My question is this - I have the opportunity to buy the 32 GB Touch through a special program for D/HH for $150. The only drawback is that it is a one-time product offer only and they also have iPads for really cheap as well. I am on the fence about possibly buying an iPad for myself in the future and if I use my one-time purchase on the iPod, I can't use it again.

So my question is it it really worth it to get the 32 GB vs the 8 GB iPod Touch and for-fit my chance of ever getting the iPad for myself (I probably will never be able to bring myself to pay anywhere close to full price for one)? Or would you go ahead and get DS the 32 GB iPod knowing you may not be able to buy the iPad anyway?

I would get the 8. IMO an 8GB is enough size to play games and whatever. My DS has a 16 and a TON of songs/pics and he has only used about half of that. I don't know how old your son is, but remember that he can get internet on the ipod touch so if he is young, you can download parental controls for him to access the internet with.