Menu

Can I make stuffing and dressing today?

Stuffing is the dressing that goes inside the turkey tomorrow morning. Dressing will be baked in a casserole dish around 1 a.m. One recipe will have pork sausage in it, if that makes a difference.

Can I put it together today, and refrigerate it, without risking poisoning everyone?

While I'm on the subject, can I steam broccoli in advance and reheat it tomorrow in the microwave?

Stuffing is the dressing that goes inside the turkey tomorrow morning. Dressing will be baked in a casserole dish around 1 a.m. One recipe will have pork sausage in it, if that makes a difference.

Can I put it together today, and refrigerate it, without risking poisoning everyone?

While I'm on the subject, can I steam broccoli in advance and reheat it tomorrow in the microwave?

I don't stuff my turkey so I can't answer that part but I do often make my dressing the night before. I also use sausage (cooked first) in my dressing and no eggs.

HTH

Hey rough Collie...I am planning what I can make ahead today too! I am making my dressing today and storing in the fridge to bake tomorrow. I would think the stuffing would be fine to make ahead as long as you refrigerate it.

Now the broccoli...it kind of breaks down after it is cooked and gets mushy. I would hold off on that. It just tastes fresher if you steam and eat immediately. Unless you are using it in a casserole, then you could possibly cook that ahead.

Just what I think....

Happy thanksgiving!:001_smile:

Yes, I always make it the day before. In fact, I put together most of the meal today - salad dressing, broccoli casserole, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie (baked also), apple pie filling, and sage dressing. Tomorrow they'll go in the oven according to my Thanksgiving Meal Master Plan* :D.

*cue sound of diabolical laughter and cut to shot of Susan rubbing hands together with evil glee

:lol: