Menu

So. I bought some cinnamon chips.

Xuzi

After hearing about these things for years, I finally spotted my first bag at the store yesturday and bought some. Anybody have any recipes for them? The oatmeal cookie recipe on the back looks yummy, but I'm wondering if there are any others I could experiment with.

Tis the season to be baking. :D

I don't have a recipe, but I had some REALLY yummy pumpkin cookies with cinnamon chips in them the other day. I imagine one of the many pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipies floating around the net would do the job if you just swapped out the chips. I liked them better than the ones with chocolate chips. I thought the flavors blended better. :) Happy baking.

Here are 3 that I've made:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Easy Cinnamon Bread

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Breads & Muffins

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

3 cups all purpose flour

1/2 cup sugar

2 teaspoons instant yeast

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup warm milk (i used skim)

1/4 cup butter -- melted

1 egg

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 cup cinnamon chips -- (6 oz)

Cinnamon-sugar -- for topping

In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, yeast, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, butter and egg. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, beating until smooth. Cover and let the batter rest at room temperature for 1 hour, then stir in the baking powder and cinnamon chips (i used a wooden spoon, then switched to my clean hands, though it was very MESSY!)

Preheat oven to 350 deg. Spoon the batter (i used my already messy hands to do this) into greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar.

Bake the bread for 35 to 40 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean (mine was more like 40-45 min till it came out clean). Remove the bread from the oven, let it rest in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer it from the pan to a rack to cool completely. Don't slice the bread while it's hot; it will slice much better when it's completely cool.

Yield: 16 slices

Description:

"This bread is a cross between a typical baking powder-leavened quick bread and a yeast bread. The result: a loaf that tastes like cinnamon coffeecake, wonderful served plain and incredible toasted."

Source:

"CL BB"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Snickerdoodle Muffins

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Breads, Muffins, & Biscuits

Topping:

1/3 cup granulated sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Muffin:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup quick oats

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/3 cup cinnamon chips

1 cup nonfat buttermilk

1 large egg -- lightly beaten

4 tablespoons light butter -- melted

1 tablespoon vanilla

Heat oven to 400 F. Coat 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.

For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; mix well and set aside.

For muffins, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl; mix well. Stir in cinnamon chips.

In small bowl, combine buttermilk, egg, light butter and vanilla; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)

Fill muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle topping evenly over muffins.

Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.

Yield: 12 muffins

Cinnamon Fudge

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Candies Holiday - Christmas

3 cups sugar

3/4 cup butter

2/3 cup evaporated milk

10 ounces cinnamon chips

7 ounces marshmallow creme

2 teaspoons vanilla

Line a 9X13" pan with foil then coat with cooking spray.

In a heavy bottom 3 quart sauce pan, combine sugar, butter, and milk. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.

Boil for 5 minutes, stirring all the time - if using a candy thermometer you are looking for at least 234 degrees. Remove from heat and stir in the cinnamon chips until melted. Add marshmallow creme and vanilla then beat until blended.

Carefully pour mixture into the prepared dish. Let cool to room temperature then gently lift out of the pan and place on a cutting board. Cut into squares.