Menu

Looking for Family Bible curriculum

Naturalmama2

Well I'm eyeing the Grapevine studies - they have overviews of the Old and New Testaments. The main feature is the 'stick figuring' to cement a Bible timeline. They offer workbooks for several levels. I plan to buy the higher level teacher's guide (hardcopy I hope), then probably two levels of workbooks as ebooks for the kids. It's either 50 weekly lessons or 175-ish daily lessons. (That's 50 for OT and 50 for NT btw.)

Well I'm eyeing the Grapevine studies -

Just FYI, Grapevine has a short Birth of Jesus study. I've also been looking at their products and I've purchased this to try it out. It will be a nice study for Christmas and give me a chance to try out their products before making a purchase for next year (we school on a calendar year).

We just started using Foundations Bible Curriculum this year with my 5yo, 4yo, and 3yo, and we're liking it. It's a 3-year chronoloical Bible curriculum and includes activities and such for different ages. So you can go through the program several times and have it be a little different each time. Once you finish one 3-year cycle, you just go through it again. I can definitely see how my kiddos will get much more out of it our second time through the cycle, but at the same time, they are learning a lot this time around too!

HTH

Read the Bible out loud together!

The National Survey of Youth and Religion found that reading the Bible themselves was one of very few things that correlated with ongoing church attendance after a child passed 18 and left home. Devotions, special study classes, world view classes, etc. did not correlate.

Don't just read the stories any more, read the whole thing or at least big chunks of other books.

We just started using Foundations Bible Curriculum this year with my 5yo, 4yo, and 3yo, and we're liking it. It's a 3-year chronoloical Bible curriculum and includes activities and such for different ages. So you can go through the program several times and have it be a little different each time. Once you finish one 3-year cycle, you just go through it again. I can definitely see how my kiddos will get much more out of it our second time through the cycle, but at the same time, they are learning a lot this time around too!

HTH

This looks really good! I like how they add some inductive Bible study.