Menu

WDW princess dresses

Thanks, I am actually looking at Jasmine. We went to WDW last month and my dd got a very fancy and expensive Cinderella dress. She also wants Jasmine. The style of the dresses at WDW are completely different than the ones in the Disney store online. I'm hoping she will be happy with whatever, but she is very picky. I'm just surprised they seem to have a special line of clothes for the parks alone.

Thanks, I am actually looking at Jasmine. We went to WDW last month and my dd got a very fancy and expensive Cinderella dress. She also wants Jasmine. The style of the dresses at WDW are completely different than the ones in the Disney store online. I'm hoping she will be happy with whatever, but she is very picky. I'm just surprised they seem to have a special line of clothes for the parks alone.

I wouldn't be surprised. Money spinner & all that. We got the Disney dresses we have used, so I don't know where they came from, but the two we found for Halloween are TOTALLY different from any other Cinderella dresses I've seen. Maybe that's why!

When we were at WDW I was really surprised to see how different (and expensive) the princess dresses were that they had were compared to others I have. I thought all of them were pretty much the same until then. The WDW ones are really nice and have a stunning (magical:)) quality to them. But... I was just at the newly remodeled Disney store at the Mall of America last night and noticed that the princess dresses that they are selling at the store now are just like, or very, very close, to the ones sold at WDW. They also are the same price (around 70?), so maybe they are the same. Maybe Disney sells these online too? This is the first time I felt that the dresses sold at the Disney store were of a better quality then others I have seen at Target.

ETA: I see you have tried online and they are different. I wonder if you call a store at WDW if they could ship you one.

Edited by oldskool

It depends on whether the store is selling the item as 'clothing' or 'dress up/costume'.

Disney parks and Disney stores are selling the outfit as clothing. The other places are selling dress up. It has to do with import tax. Play clothing/costumes have to be of a certain low quality to qualify for the lower tax than the tax on clothing.

It also has to do with putting the product in the right market. People who are at Disney locations or stores, show that they are willing to spend more for the branded product, so they can sell a higher quality item.

A regular mom walking through Target isn't going to spend $70 on a kids dress in the clothing section, let alone a dress up Princess one. But, since a $20 dress will sell...they make a dress that can be sold for $20...and to do that with the Disney details....it needs to be costume quality.

When you shop online, the words you're looking for are Disney Parks Authentic. These will be the same as what's sold in WDW. I couldn't find many available online. I would think that you could call WDW and speak with guest relations and find out how to order it from one of the stores there and have it shipped. Downtown Disney should have a store selling them too.

When you shop online' date=' the words you're looking for are Disney Parks Authentic. These will be the same as what's sold in WDW. I couldn't find many available online. I would think that you could call WDW and speak with guest relations and find out how to order it from one of the stores there and have it shipped. Downtown Disney should have a store selling them too.[/quote']

:iagree: I was coming back to suggest calling the park also.