Menu

Talk to me about accupuncture

I love acupuncture even though I've never had it. My dh has it regularly. I have read that it really helps with emotional eating. I think I need to have some treatments, since I'm the poster girl for emotional eating. :glare:

When it comes to anything alternative, my absolute favorite is a good acupuncturist. If you have issues with needles, they can also do acupressure - which is without needles. My very skeptical dh has had amazing results with acupuncture. It really helps with pretty much anything - chronic pain, arthritis, asthma, migraines, eating issues, weight problems, fertility issues, carpal tunnel syndrome, depression and anxiety, sleep issues, even cancer patients going through treatment - you name it.

Most importantly, what I really love about it, is that an acupuncturist can help develop an herbal formula that is tailored specifically to you, in addition to using the traditional needles to help health problems. Herbs have a greater synergy with acupuncture, so you may see a greater benefit if you use both.

To find a qualified acupuncturist near you, go to http://www.nccaom.org or call 904-598-1005

or go to http://www.acufinder.com

I don't personally know about using acupuncture to lose weight, though anecdotally, I have heard of people having success with it, but my husband and my daughters have all been successfully treated by acupuncture for a three-day migraine, a muscle spasm in her back, plantar fasciitis and elbow tendonitis. In each case, the acupuncture provided immediate relief (though my daughter with the heel issue went twice, once about a week after the first, and successfully headed it off), and conventional medicine did or would have just said, "Ice it and have some more ibuprofen," or muscle relaxants or whatever.

Even my middle child, who has no tolerance for pain, did not mind the needles. She fell asleep on the table when having acupuncture on her back. Please don't fear the needles!

I hope you will give it a try and report back that it worked!

Terri