Menu

The Teachers Lodge 11-16-2011

Good morning, everyone!

I'll make this quick as I have to head out to a dr's appt for ME! :tongue_smilie:

I called the VA today to try to get an appt. Because I have to go through a

new patient appt there first I can't get in until February! :001_huh:

Called my regular (non-VA) dr today. She had a cancellation and I can get into to see her at 10:00am this morning. guess where I'm going? :tongue_smilie:

Breakfast/lunch? No idea on either one!

Going anywhere today? (See above for me)

Tell me something funny that's happened to your recently? I'll tell you mine when I get back, if I can remember. ;)

Talk to me! :bigear:

Good morning, Scrap!

Even though it's a pain to drop everything, I'm glad that your doctor got you in so quickly.

Breakfast - 2 eggs, low glycemic English muffin, jam, water

Lunch - eating out today

Going out - today is our out-and-about day: speech therapy for dd9 at the local elementary, accupuncture/chiropractor for Libby the wonder dog, drop off donations to pet ER, drop off my ILs car at their house. But in the midst of all that I have to make sure I'm home for our "scheduled installation window" for our new washing machine!

Good morning.

I had granola with yogurt and cranberries for breakfast. Lunch will be apples&peanut butter. The girls are having homemade gf waffles for breakfast and something for lunch (I don't make lunch).

Tonight is older dd's cello recital which is the only place we're going unless you include our daily walks.

Maybe later I can think of something funny, but last night my 7yo asked me, "Don't you know what fun is? It is frivolity, gaiety, and joy." I guess I don't need to worry about squeezing in any vocabulary lessons for her quite yet.

Good morning, everyone!

I'll make this quick as I have to head out to a dr's appt for ME! :tongue_smilie:

I called the VA today to try to get an appt. Because I have to go through a

new patient appt there first I can't get in until February! :001_huh: Yikes! That's a long wait!

Called my regular (non-VA) dr today. She had a cancellation and I can get into to see her at 10:00am this morning. guess where I'm going? :tongue_smilie: Glad your doc was able to get you in so quickly. Are you sick? Hope you're on the mend soon!

Breakfast/lunch? Breakfast was cereal or waffles for the kids and an english muffin for me. Lunch was leftover chicken tenders and chicken wings from Zaxby's, served with celery and carrot sticks.

Going anywhere today? DD14 had her literature/writing co-op this morning, so we ran errands while she was in class. I had to return a jacket I had ordered from Lands End (didn't fit) and then we spent some time milling around Target. The kids were getting some ideas for their Christmas lists (we don't watch commercials, so they're not generally aware of what new toys are out!).

Tell me something funny that's happened to you recently? Everyday is funny in this house. You know, the kind of funny where if you don't laugh, you just might cry?? Yup. That's my life!

Hope the appointment went well. I'm glad they were able to get you in. I hate swapping doctors.

Breakfast today was waffles. For lunch, DS is having leftover chili. I have no idea what I'll have. Probably something with pasta.

I have to go grocery shopping today. I hate grocery shopping. I also plan to take the kids to the library. I think we'll just return books and get the requested ones. I don't like keeping track of library books over school breaks.

Something funny... gosh, put me on the spot. I suppose I find it funny that all the kids in DD's class think I'm the "fun mom." They all want to ride in my car to field trips and were highly disappointed yesterday when I told them that I was only taking DD. (Usually I do drive a whole bunch of them but wasn't able to turn in my paperwork in time for yesterday's trip.) I find it funny that kids actually listen to me, too... sometimes even my own!

I'm back! Momentarily. Kids are done with their lunch and want to hop back on the computer to watch Magic School Bus. DS finished what schoolwork he had to do while I was gone. DD is still full up with snot making it very difficult for her to concentrate on anything. I'm hoping her virus leaves SOON!

As for me, no, I'm not sick. My hip et al was giving me issues. My dr is a D.O. (doctor of osteopathy), so I called her. It really did help! Still may go see the D.C. (doctor of chiropractic) tomorrow, as I already have a scheduled appointment. Every little bit helps, you know? Both of them tend to think it's muscular, probably from ballet. Just need to stretch better!

Okay, off to eat my lunch!