Menu

You Tube questions

We have used youTube occassionally. I have an account so we can save those videos we like most to rewatch. I have never really had a problem with questionable content until this week. A friend sent me a link to a most amazing video about pollination that I could watch over and over and over. However, at the end, and on the side bar, there are suggested videos that are very much not what I want my children to view. 3 of the suggested videos are about sex while all the others are not. One is a graphic portrayal of wooden dolls in suggestive positions with a title about best or&a$m. The other 2 have graphic pictures of dogs in the position.

Is there a way to control what type of videos are suggested? Is there a rating system of sorts that I can use? If I decide to embed the video somewhere, say on FB or another website, can I set it up to not show those suggestions at the end?

Thanks!

I have no idea. My method of utilizing youtube is to preview and pre-load every single video and watch it in fullscreen mode with the kids. Then 1 minute before the end, I turn off the computer monitor.

So they only see the video in full screen. No sidebar suggestions or suggestions at the end of the video.

Not convenient at all, and I still have to see all the lewdness if I want to use youtube.

I have no idea. My method of utilizing youtube is to preview and pre-load every single video and watch it in fullscreen mode with the kids. Then 1 minute before the end, I turn off the computer monitor.

So they only see the video in full screen. No sidebar suggestions or suggestions at the end of the video.

Not convenient at all, and I still have to see all the lewdness if I want to use youtube.

For this particular video I want to watch the lewdness comes after the video has ended and youtube puts up their suggestions. It is quite frustrating. The tags for the video have nothing about sxx so I am thinking the lewd videos have used the word pollination in their tags so they can be linked.

For this particular video I want to watch the lewdness comes after the video has ended and youtube puts up their suggestions. It is quite frustrating. The tags for the video have nothing about sxx so I am thinking the lewd videos have used the word pollination in their tags so they can be linked.

Right, that's why I turn off the screen (or close the window) 1 minute before the end of the video. So the kids don't see those suggestions.

Do you have Youtube in safety mode? I would think that would take care of that. when you're in youtube, scroll down to the very bottom of the page, and one of the little tags down there should say "safety mode on/off" click on the "off" link, and it will tell you what to do. See if that helps.

I download the videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4lmuFGzKYM

The other advantage is that if the internet is down we can still watch them. :)

Don't they still show suggested videos at the end?

I have embedded videos temporarily on my blog so at least we don't see the sidebar suggestions, but the suggestions at the end of the video are still there.

Do you have Youtube in safety mode? I would think that would take care of that. when you're in youtube, scroll down to the very bottom of the page, and one of the little tags down there should say "safety mode on/off" click on the "off" link, and it will tell you what to do. See if that helps.

I didn't have it in safety mode. I changed it to safe, logged in and out, but for that video it still makes no difference. Those same 3 lewd videos are still being suggested.