Menu

p90x recipes, please!

So, I bought this off a fellow board member (thanks Chloe!) and it's been sitting by the tv for a few months now. I read the books, but hadn't gotten around to actually putting the dvd into the machine :rolleyes:

Ds (14) has decided he needs to get in better shape for wrestling, so he pops in the first disc and has a go - he loves it and is shocked at how tough it is.

Next day, dh sees ds doing it and joins in. Dh is an avid road biker but hasn't been able to ride for about 3 months, so he's been feeling incredibly blah. He loves it too. He realizes we need more stuff - the bar, a mat, weights, etc - and spends some time on amazon looking for good, inexpensive ones.

Now, he's all about the diet. This morning dh had yogurt and granola, a banana and some tofu. I'm heading off to Trader Joes in search of high protein, low carb/fat snacks.

Any tried and true recipes, good websites? Anything to look out for? Dh and Ds will eat pretty much anything, thankfully!

• 2 months later...

This is not px90 specific but some suggestions I've tried that work for dh and I when we do the Insanity workout which is similar in the amount of calories burned etc. DH is not overweight so when he works out he is hungry all day.

Make ahead crustless quiche for breakfast which is high in protein and very filling. We also sometimes eat it for a snack or lunch.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/crustless-spinach-quiche-2/detail.aspx

Almonds and lots of fruit and vegetables. We normally keep Cutie oranges, apples, cut up cucumbers and carrots on hand for snacking.

Greek yogurt instead of regular for the protein. Cheese.

DH also almost always ends up supplementing with protein powder because he's busy and doesn't want to eat 10 times a day. He puts the protein powder in oatmeal or just mixes it with milk.

ETA: We also eat a lot of dry Kashi cereal as a snack.

So, I bought this off a fellow board member (thanks Chloe!) and it's been sitting by the tv for a few months now. I read the books, but hadn't gotten around to actually putting the dvd into the machine :rolleyes:

Ds (14) has decided he needs to get in better shape for wrestling, so he pops in the first disc and has a go - he loves it and is shocked at how tough it is.

Next day, dh sees ds doing it and joins in. Dh is an avid road biker but hasn't been able to ride for about 3 months, so he's been feeling incredibly blah. He loves it too. He realizes we need more stuff - the bar, a mat, weights, etc - and spends some time on amazon looking for good, inexpensive ones.

Now, he's all about the diet. This morning dh had yogurt and granola, a banana and some tofu. I'm heading off to Trader Joes in search of high protein, low carb/fat snacks.

Any tried and true recipes, good websites? Anything to look out for? Dh and Ds will eat pretty much anything, thankfully!

Go back to the nutrition guide and decide what nutrition plan best suits your active son and husband. There are also some recipes in there.

If you have a club account with Team Beachbody, there is a meal planner, a recipe page, and shopping list tool.