Menu

Lollipop Logic 2?

JessieC

DD6 has completed and enjoyed the first Lollipop Logic book. I see there is a second, but I can't tell from the description whether it's more of the same or more difficult than the first. Anyone using it? I think she's ready to move on to slightly more difficult logic problems, so if LL2 is the same level, what might be a good choice for her? Thanks!

If I were to get just one book next, I'd take a look at the "Building Thinking Skils" series by the Critical Thinking Co. It's much more varied and wide-ranging. IIRC a new copy can be had for around $30, which is expensive, but they are large books that will provide many hours of enjoyable learning.

We didn't do anything else. We're just finishing them up. We only do logic whenever we get around to it. When I looked at Logic Safari 2 and Logic Liftoff (which comes after that), I sort of felt like what we were doing was fine. My kids enjoy logic problems, but not so much that they do them for fun all the time. So we do one or two a week and leave it at that.

We have also been doing things from Tin Man Press, which I've been enjoying. It's a different sort of thing for thinking skills and following directions - paying attention to details, thinking outside the box - that sort of thing.