Menu

The Teachers Lodge 11-10-2011

Happy Thursday, the day before Veterans Day. If you know a veteran or active duty personnel, please thank them! You have no idea what they go through to defend our rights and freedoms.

What's for breakfast/lunch? No idea to both! I may be making a breakfast run this morning!

Anyone have people calling them on the phone before 8 o'clock this morning? I had TWO phone calls before 8am. :glare:

Anyone have any interesting dreams last night? I had one that we adopted another dog. This is one we wanted awhile ago but this time the owner's were really willing to let her go and my dog didn't bark at her! :) I also had one in which I was making wise eating choices so I can lose the weight I need to lose in order to go en pointe (on point) in ballet. :tongue_smilie::D

Talk to me! :bigear:

Good morning Every body!

Yes, I do know some veterans and active duty personnel and am very grateful for their sacrifices for our freedom.

Breakfast - 2 waffles and bacon. (I'm out of eggs until our delivery comes later this morning.)

Lunch - Salad with as yet undetermined protein.

Phone calls before 8: Very rarely and if I do, they are always wrong numbers.:glare:

Dreams - I don't know if it was interesting or not but I had dreams of frustration last night. (I was supposed to sing a solo in five minutes and could not find my music in the book even though I kept looking and looking. . . ) I wonder what my sub conscious is telling me. . . .

Happy Thursday, the day before Veterans Day. If you know a veteran or active duty personnel, please thank them!

What's for breakfast/lunch? Breakfast was waffles for the kids and I skipped the meal! Lunch is yet to be determined! Maybe I'll make a quiche. Dinner is a roast that is already started in the crockpot!

Anyone have people calling them on the phone before 8 o'clock this morning? Nope. I rarely get any phone calls these days. I used to talk with my best friend every morning around 7:30 so we could get our talking in before the kids were up and we had to start school. Unfortunately, she moved away and we have drifted. I'm in a "different season of life" right now and don't have as much time to chat on the phone!

Anyone have any interesting dreams last night? Nope. I think I was too tired to dream. Or maybe I wasn't asleep long enough to dream! :tongue_smilie:

I am feeling really productive today! I got up a little earlier than usual this morning. I showered, fed the kids, started the laundry, got the roast in the crockpot for dinner, and vacuumed the living room....all before 9am! :001_huh: I have a list of things that need to get done between today and Sunday. We have a super busy week next week and then my in-laws will be arriving on the 21st for Thanksgiving. ACK!

Talk to me! :bigear:

I do know some active duty personnel, but I know their spouses better. I like to thank THEM, too. Sometimes their sacrifice is just as great.

I grabbed a banana this morning for breakfast. No idea what lunch will be. I'll probably try to grab something on the way out the door; DS will probably have lunch in between swim lesson and swim team practice.

No phone calls this morning, thankfully. Most people know better than to call me before I've had my coffee; the only 'person' who rings regularly is the school's automated call system to remind parents about something or other.

Dreams... yes... yes, I did. I have convoluted dreams on a regular basis, though, so this isn't abnormal. In one dream I was leaving an outdoor concert (held at a cheap motel) and got the car stuck in a ditch because I was trying to drive around a giant mud puddle. After my friend and I got out of the car, Nessie (y'know, the Loch Ness Monster... because why not?) came out of the puddle and destroyed the car. My friend and I escaped over an old metal bridge and had to climb a hill to get to town. We got up the hill just fine, but going down, there were brambles everywhere. I ran into a bear, we found a skull, we ran into other people that we knew who were also trying to head back to town... I forget what else happened.

I really do have the Land of the Bizarre in my head.

Well, I wound up taking the kids to see DolphinTale today. Good movie. Definitely need Kleenex. And I should have know that would throw our whole afternoon off. *sigh*

Now resting before gearing up for karate for the kids, ballet for me, and a trial ballet class for dd. Never a dull moment!

We know some veterans :001_smile: we worked on projects for them today. We have a "thing" we do every year, and are looking forward to tomorrow.

My brother brought over donuts for breakfast. Then while he sat with the kids, I made the Starbucks run for him, myself, and our mom :D That was hardly a satisfying meal, so we were all ready for lunch pretty early.

Lunch today was rosemary roasted veggies (red potatoes, asparagus, squash, carrots) over rice, and soup. We ate so early that we ended up having a second lunch around 3pm - it was just leftovers from the first lunch.

I screen calls, but I'm still in bed at 8am so those calls would have irritated me. Unless you're dying (or with someone who is), it had better wait until at least 9am. Late night calls don't bother me, just the morning ones. Were they important, Scrap?

I slept hard and fast last night. I don't remember having any dreams. My daughter was dreaming, though; she talks in her sleep, and that thoroughly entertains me (I talk back, and she'll respond to me). Maybe your dream was your subconscious' way of saying: "Hey! I'm on-board, let's do this!" IME the mental aspect is always the trickiest part of lifestyle changes :tongue_smilie:

I do know some active duty personnel, but I know their spouses better. I like to thank THEM, too. Sometimes their sacrifice is just as great.

That's incredibly thoughtful :grouphug:! I always make a special point to celebrate my kids and my nephews on 11/11 because they were born into the military life; their dads have sacrificed, but the same is true of the kids. And the kids didn't chose it, and don't always have the emotional maturity to understand what the lifestyle entails.

Well, I wound up taking the kids to see DolphinTale today. Good movie. Definitely need Kleenex. And I should have know that would throw our whole afternoon off. *sigh*

I'm a movie snob. Not only do I hate most mainstream movies, but I pretty much despise and resist all KID movies. I hosted a movie birthday party a few months ago, and at the suggestion of the ladies here I showed Dolphin Tale. Someone linked the trailer, and it was touching but I still had zero interest in seeing the movie myself.

But I saw it. I loved it. I couldn't stop talking about it afterwards. :lol: My daughter is now interested in dolphins and marine biology (which is good, since her former interest in the human body was waning and we needed something remotely scientific to write off as "science"!) and even the 13 year old boys in the audience were tearing up. Such a sweet movie!