Menu

Another Thanksgiving Menu/Prep Question: Do I simply.............

go to a butcher if I'd like to have our thanksgiving turkey de-boned? I am going to prepare the turkey using a recipe that I found and it calls for the bird to be boned and wrapped (tied).

I was thinking that it is probably time for me to go to the local organic butcher and get this thing ordered -- wanting to give him enough lead time and all.

TIA.

Let us know how it works out, please. I wonder how expensive it is and would they let you have the bones for stock? The after meal, bird care is always a chore for me after a long day.

I've never done that, but I don't see why not. De-boning a turkey is a PITA![/QUOTE]

I would imagine it truly is. I would never attempt it myself. Ok -- off to the butcher tomorrow. thx

Let us know how it works out, please. I wonder how expensive it is and would they let you have the bones for stock? The after meal, bird care is always a chore for me after a long day.

I will give the bones to dd31 and her dh -- they make stock all the time -- I will probably use their butcher.

I will let you know the cost.

This is what I am preparing:Tuscan-style Turkey alla Porchetta from Martha Stewart Living Magazine -- November 2011

The recipe is not on her website (unless she is calling it something else on there) but it is in the magazine -- on page 202 -- WHICH.I.JUST DISCOVERED.HAS.BEEN.CUT.OUT.OF.MY.ISSUE.SO.THE.KIDS.COULD.CUT.OUT.PICTURES.OF.DOGS.AND.CATS.

Thank heavens it is not Thanksgiving Week and I have time to buy a new magazine.:lol: