Menu

Can I get similar results working out at home?

That I might get at a gym? Without any machines? I'm picturing using the ball, bands, free weights, etc. My back is bothering me some and I was told I needed to strengthen it with training at the gym, anything with pulling/rowing type motions. So....I'm just wondering what all I can do at home to mimic weight-training. Thanks!

That I might get at a gym? Without any machines? I'm picturing using the ball, bands, free weights, etc. My back is bothering me some and I was told I needed to strengthen it with training at the gym, anything with pulling/rowing type motions. So....I'm just wondering what all I can do at home to mimic weight-training. Thanks!

I read a pilates book with the forward written by an OB. she could always tell which of her patients did pilates compared to almost any other exercise. they had the best core/abs. a good elastic band set can be very good, as they have a more natural response compared to weights. you can get a door anchor for your bands, and you can get that pulling motion.

You might want to consider a meeting or two with a personal trainier to help you set something up at home that will work for you.

yes you sure can get that same workout at home!!!! Bands are great resistance as are dumb bells. There's a lot of info out there on using stability balls. I think increasing your core strength is key. It wasn't until I started P90X and Insanity that I realized how weak my core was!!! After spending a year doing these routines at home, I had to shovel very heavy, wet snow. I can tell you that my abs instantly engaged. I had NO fatigue or ache or pain in my back, as I would have done a year ago!!! I've learned that you can use your own body weight and achieve similar results as to using weights!!! It allows you to workout any where any time. The bands are compact and easy to store.

I have a book titled something like The Woman's Home Workout Bible. (I'm not at home, or I would look for the exact title and author.) It has several workouts using just balls and bands, as well as free weights and machines. I found it at my library and use it to plan my gym workouts. It has a section of just core workouts.