Menu

I need new lunch ideas. Quick, easy, reasonably healthy!

A favorite easy lunch for us is black bean burritos. Get a can of black beans and rinse and drain. Heat them. Heat a plateful of flour tortillas (we do it in the microwave). Then fill the tortillas with the black beans, grated cheese, and whatever else your kids might like. Roll them into burritos and you're set!

I try to make a big pot of soup over the weekend (chicken corn chowder, Minestrone, chicken noodle, chili) and then serve it for 2 or 3 lunches that week. A slab of crusty bread or corn bread to go with it and everyone is sated and happy.

Other things we do consistently:

peanut butter roll ups (whole wheat tortillas w/ PB)

grilled cheese and tomato soup

whole wheat pasta w/ butter and cheese

home made pizza (I make the pizza dough ahead of time)

pancakes (I usually triple a recipe of whole wheat pancakes over the weekend and then reheat for lunch)

:)Here are a few of our regular lunches:

Peanut butter rollups with wheat tortillas and a little granola and blueberries inside.

Hot turkey & cheese sandwiches. We use the 100 calorie bread rounds and put a piece of cheese and some deli turkey inside. We wrap the sandwich in a paper towel and heat for 20-30 seconds. Long enough to melt cheese but not make bread soggy.

We also make black bean burritos which dd loves

I buy sliced pepperoni and hard salami from deli and some days she "makes" her own lunch by eating the slices and cheese. This is not the healthiest option but she likes it and we eat healthy most other meals so I figure it's okay occassionally.:)