Menu

Alternatives for buying a new phone from Verizon?

Ds17s phone is not working and he needs a new one. We have 3 phones with contracts that all expire at different times so we are stuck with Verizon. We may never change, but it would be nice to get them a little more in sync. In 5 months we will be at this place, as all of our phones will be off contract at the same time.

Without paying $300 for a phone, how can we replace his phone with out going back on contract?

When I asked him what he wanted he said text/talk/cheap. :lol:

Ds17s phone is not working and he needs a new one. We have 3 phones with contracts that all expire at different times so we are stuck with Verizon. We may never change, but it would be nice to get them a little more in sync. In 5 months we will be at this place, as all of our phones will be off contract at the same time.

Without paying $300 for a phone, how can we replace his phone with out going back on contract?

When I asked him what he wanted he said text/talk/cheap. :lol:

Craigslist. You can get one today for a few bucks. People upgrade all the time and want to sell the previous one. You can just call the company to tell them to activate the new phone, or with Verizon, you can just punch in a code on the new phone to activate it. Before you purchase, call the company and make sure the model number on the back under the battery can be activated.

Edited by TranquilMind

I agree that buying a phone from another source, as long as you make sure it's Verizon-compatible, will work well. Look for a reputable seller--one with a decent number of sales. My dd bought a Motorola Krzr for about $20. I think ds's older model Blackberry was about $40. All ours but dh's are text and talk only.

I've got one of these and would recommend them as a decent replacement Palm Pixi Plus Verizon Cell Phone - No Contract

It's brand new, costs $35-40, and has free internet via wi-fi so I'm happy. New is nice, and no worries like you might with ebay/craigslist.

I use it with cheapie pre-paid but it works with verizon plans too, just contact them.