Menu

Oxford Univ World In Ancient Times Set: SHOCKED!

Trish

Well, it's the sort of shock only we on these boards can appreciate. Anyway I'm sure some of you remember the "sale" on the Oxford University World in Ancient Times 9-volume set that normall retails for $300+, available on Amazon and through the Oxford University site (slightly higher without the free shipping). Someone alerted the boards to the incredible, almost too good to be true deal, and I noticed it a day after it was posted. Too late for the Amazon sale, they were already sold out.

So I went to the Oxford University site, they didn't have any in stock (darn!) but it was still possible to place an order. So I did. And received a confirmation. Then it turned out this was likely a "mistaken" price (they charged the price of a volume instead of the price of a set), although some people heard that their orders would be honored.

I didn't expect mine to be! They were already out of stock at the time that I placed the order. I figured a cancellation by them was a done deal. Well this morning I got not only a copy of my invoice -- $42.45 -- but a shipping confirmation!

I am stunned. Really.

I think I owe these people some shopping at full price.

So anyone else who ordered when they were "out of stock" -- there's hope!

:)