Menu

Another quilting question

Our first quilting project was a baby-size blanket, and it fit fine in my regular machine, no special foot. I don't think anything bigger would have worked, but this was fine (and done by then-8yo, so really not that hard). She did all the quilting in pretty much straight lines, not much of the freehand/wiggly style, so maybe that helped.

If you are doing straight line quilting you will be fine... you may need to do a trial on a scrap (with batting) in case you need to adjust your tension.

Most likely you will not have a problem.

I've made hundreds of baby quilts (straight line quilting) without a walking foot-- I have one-- I just don't like it for what I'm doing as the machine alone is just fine!

Thanks for the replies!

Some additional points:

I'm using cotton batting as was recommended by the pattern.

I plan to do a straight line quilting because I'm so new at this.

Hand quilting...I'm just not the type. I don't have the patience & my stitches are all over the place!

I may get a walking foot in the future, I'm just really trying to save for Christmas.

I might have to check back with you all if/when I have additional questions regarding the binding. :001_smile: