Menu

Classical Conversations - JUST the memory work CD?

Jay3fer

Is it possible to buy this and get anything out of it?

I'm thinking the songs etc would be useful, but it's rather expensive - $30 - just for a bunch of songs.

The flashcards PDF adds $15 - is it necessary?

Probably... sigh. :-(

Has anyone tried to go it alone with just the CD?

We have the Foundations guide and the Cds. We do it alone at home. We listen to the cd 3 times everyday as part of school. DS read along for aome of it. We look at the map in the guide to ID the geography locations. We focus more energy on the timeline. We do not have perfect memorization, but we are taking a 2-3 week break between weeks 12&13 to review. The songs are sticking, but my son needs the visual. The manual is only $25 I think and it has everything. With the flash cards you need a different set for each cycle.....you can mqke those at home.

We are in CC. I only really use the cycle flashcards when we are out and about or playing games. I could do without if I had too. But I wouldn't buy the .pdf and waste time printing and laminating myself. I bought the stack of cards.

It really depends on what you like. If you are ok with doing it on the computer and like the visual component (it's not fancy or anything, though) then the resource CD will cover everything. You could print it and make a notebook for review. Otherwise, buy the foundations guide and the Audio CD. The nice thing about the Audio CD is that you can pop into the CD player in your car. You can't do that with the resource CD.

I also found the resource on CC connected to be invaluable! There are songs for latin, grammar and science in the portal. But you can find some of these on youtube too.

The memory resource CD has audio with power point slides so it has a visual component.

They are coming out with new timeline after the new year so they may be changing other products as well. I would possibly consider waiting. If you look on youtube and search Classical Conversations, you may find some useful stuff.

I heard that the only thing that is changing is that they won't be using VP cards for the timeline any longer. It is a 3 yr. transition determined by the communities. I was told that we will probably not need a new Foundations Guide and will have to update the VP timeline column in the guide. But who really knows what'll happen? I'm just gonna go with the flow and have fun with it!

I heard that the only thing that is changing is that they won't be using VP cards for the timeline any longer. It is a 3 yr. transition determined by the communities. I was told that we will probably not need a new Foundations Guide and will have to update the VP timeline column in the guide. But who really knows what'll happen? I'm just gonna go with the flow and have fun with it!

I am not complaining. I am just saying it might be prudent to wait a few months to see what happens. They may have a better product:)

I am not complaining. I am just saying it might be prudent to wait a few months to see what happens. They may have a better product:)

Sorry, I don't mean to imply that I thought you were (although I have seen CC threads go that route).

She wasn't really asking about the VP cards which is different from the cycle memory work. So I was trying to clarify that they probably won't be changing the regular cycle work.

Unless someone has heard otherwise?