Menu

MCT Lit- new level

Jen500

I have not used the first level yet, but it is sitting on my shelf ready to be used in a few weeks when we finish this CLE Reading lightunit. I have looked through the instructor's guide and the student books, and I really, really like it. It looks like everything that I would want in an elementary literature course. Did I mention that I really like the looks of it? :D But it will be a couple months yet before I have any real feedback to give concerning it.

This new level looks just as good, and it is on sale through tomorrow...must...not...buy it...yet....:lol:

I didn't see an email from RFWP about the new levels. :glare:

I skipped the first level since I own all the books and we've read them, but I chose to grab this set (and I did toss in Wind in the Willows). My son's a bit disappointed that they won't be here right away.

It'll be interesting to see how these work. We do get distracted a lot with Caesar's English and pull off into other discussions, so I figure these will do more of the same.

And I've never read Connecticut Yankee or Time Machine, so I'm looking forward to that!

I have it. We are starting it on Monday. I read the parent manual. I also heard him speak at a conference about it. That's as far as I've gotten so I can't say a lot yet. I like the parent manual (the questions/method).

I think it could be used if one never used his other books, BUT I think one would get more out of it if they did use his other books. His comments throughout the books are a lot about what is talked about in his other LA books.

Wendy, have you read MCT's Classics in the Classroom? Are his ideas in that book implemented in the parent manual?

I didn't see an email from RFWP about the new levels. :glare:

I skipped the first level since I own all the books and we've read them, but I chose to grab this set (and I did toss in Wind in the Willows). My son's a bit disappointed that they won't be here right away.

It'll be interesting to see how these work. We do get distracted a lot with Caesar's English and pull off into other discussions, so I figure these will do more of the same.

And I've never read Connecticut Yankee or Time Machine, so I'm looking forward to that!

I found the new level while browsing the rfwp site..but I just got an email a few minutes ago announcing the new lit level as well as the poetry anthologies.

I found the new level while browsing the rfwp site..but I just got an email a few minutes ago announcing the new lit level as well as the poetry anthologies.

I just got the email as well. I'd just placed my order though... Luckily, I was able to call & Dr Tom was able to add the poetry anthology to my order. That'll be SO much easier than searching for each poem separately!

We are finishing up the first level. I'll probably grab the new one while it's on sale, but I don't think my 9 yo is quite ready to get everything out of those books yet, and there are a lot of other books I have on his reading list for this year, so we won't use it for a while. I see on the age range for the second one it has 10-14.