Menu

Professor Noggin card games? Anyone own any?

I saw Professor Noggin card games in the Rainbow Resource Christmas catalog this morning. They look interesting! They got good reviews on Amazon too. And there are all kinds of them. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dtoys-and-games&field-keywords=professor+noggin&x=0&y=0

Does anyone have any of these? How difficult are they? We're currently studying space and I thought the space game may be neat to supplement our learning. I was wondering if my 7 year old would be able to handle the questions. Possibly my 4 year old sit in and answer a few.

DS6 is a self-proclaimed dino expert, so we got the Dinosaur cards for some extra fun/learning. With the two sets of questions (hard/easy) it's easy to choose an appropriate question for his level and a different question for DS4. They've really enjoyed it, and they are learning a lot (in spite of starting out as dino experts!;)) I can see that they wouldn't be as fun once you've been through it all so many times, though. I wish the library carried this sort of trivia game. Or, buy used whenever possible. Since it doesn't matter if a card gets marked (like it does in Hearts or Uno) it shouldn't be such a problem. HTH!

We have many of these games--more than a dozen. The difficulty of the questions varies, but I think a 7-year-old can handle most of the "easy" ones, and some of the "hard"--the only issue may be reading if this is something you want your kids to do solo, or with each other. But if you are going to to read the questions, no worries at all. My kids have enjoyed these for years.

We just did some of the Human Body cards yesterday, in fact. And it served as a nice assessment tool for me--I could see what they had learned, and when they still didn't know. Have fun--there are many, many excellent sets in this series. Oh, and they make a great suggestion to relatives when they ask for gift ideas for the kids.

We have the Ancient Civilizations one. We had fun playing with them. Our family is big into quiz/trivia type games. The only thing is once you have played them several times they kinda end up in back of the closet because once you know the answers well it's not really fun anymore. I suppose they are like funner (hah) flash cards.

They are more of a funner flash card thing! Or a teeny tiny trivial pursuit, w/ not enough cards to keep it interesting after a while.