Menu

Angry Birds Costumes for Halloween!

I came across this tutorial as well, after looking into how much the costumes are going for ($50+ yikes!) Anyhow, she did a wonderful job with the tutorial and I am halfway done with the black bird for my DS :). I am also making the red one for my DD. I used felt and spent less than $14 for all the materials. I love a good deal!

• 3 weeks later...

It took me about 10-12 hours to make the three. The red one took the longest because it was the biggest and because I was still trying to understand all the directions. There are a few steps that weren't as clear as they could be.

The total cost (bought everything at JoAnn) was about $50. It could've been less, but I would up buying too much extra fabric. I could probably make them again for $40-50.

You'll want a hot glue gun to glue the features on.

I used up all my time sewing, so we didn't carve pumpkins or do anything else. I don't really like sewing, but I am very happy with how these turned out. I'll be excited to make something new next year.