Menu

EU regs on children and ballons and Teddy bears

How dare you say he is implying anything! What could possibly be inferred from what he said? You are reading things into what he says. You are obviously a deplorable person. Tsk tsk.

Obviously. :tongue_smilie:

I'm still trying to figure out what Germans have to do with balloons though. Oh wait, I have it. Nena. 99 Luftballons. Those darn things started a nuclear war! Obviously not something kids should be fooling around with.

I'm still trying to figure out what Germans have to do with balloons though. Oh wait, I have it. Nena. 99 Luftballons. Those darn things started a nuclear war! Obviously not something kids should be fooling around with.

Classic!:lol:

What about that dangerous stalker balloon from Le Balloon Rouge?

Implying that Europe has MORE regulations than the US when it comes to liability or child safety is insane. They are much more relaxed. For example, one playground (corrected due to phone) we liked had monkey bars *over a pond*, you would never see such a thing in the US. I could easily name a hundred examples of how the US is more strict about child safety from carnival rides to foods.

Anyone who has lived in both places knows better than what you are trying to imply, pqr, and that includes you.

I didn't get that from pqr's post. I thought it was showing a diff. in values. What you're saying seems to support what I understood the original post to be saying. Both the EU and the US have diff. regs. It's interesting to see the differences. See, we can all agree and go to McD's for spam taro burgers and wine. :cheers2: Or just wine. Can we go now? It's one of those days around here.

Mrs. Mungo, I am entirely on your side in the balloon debate. I am a balloonist. (or would that be anti-balloonist?) I cannot stand the darn things. They are loud, obnoxious, messy things that remind me of the creepiest things on earth - clowns. shudder.