Menu

Facebook etiquette...what do you think of this?...

A friend just posted that she was cleaning out her friends's list and she made two boxes to check if her friends want to continue on her list or not. I feel like this is a bit rude but I'm not sure why. Should I be offended? I think I would rather just be dropped if she doesn't want to keep me than be put in the position of being the one to do the deciding for her. That seems kind of cold and impersonal to me.

A friend just posted that she was cleaning out her friends's list and she made two boxes to check if her friends want to continue on her list or not. I feel like this is a bit rude but I'm not sure why. Should I be offended? I think I would rather just be dropped if she doesn't want to keep me than be put in the position of being the one to do the deciding for her. That seems kind of cold and impersonal to me.

I think the same. Its popped up on a bunch of pages today -- I almost think when someone clicks on a choice on someone ELSE's page it shows up on theirs -- and it doesn't say a name. Just "continue to be my friend" -- so the next person reading it thinks THAT person put it up. Etc.

Rather than rudeness, its just a facebook chain letter. Except in this case I think people don't realize that is what it is.

I think the same. Its popped up on a bunch of pages today -- I almost think when someone clicks on a choice on someone ELSE's page it shows up on theirs -- and it doesn't say a name. Just "continue to be my friend" -- so the next person reading it thinks THAT person put it up. Etc.

Rather than rudeness, its just a facebook chain letter. Except in this case I think people don't realize that is what it is.

:iagree: Your friend must have clicked on it from another friend. Ignore it.