Menu

Xpost: So proud of my daughter...update

Hi everyone! Thanks to everyone who tried to vote for DD's book review video. The voting was hacked, I guess, and the sponsoring library had to shut the site down for a while. How sad is that???

Anyway, DD (Olivia) entered a national book review contest. The finalists were chosen by the sponsoring library, but the actual winner is chosen by PUBLIC VOTE. If she wins, she gets $1000 in books for her library and $500 in books for herself. Since the library just lost a massive amount of funding, she would really like to help them out.

Olivia's video is "YOUR CHICKENS, A KIDS GUIDE" and you can watch it and vote for it on the link below. Please vote EVERY DAY from today till next Wednesday. There have been 3 other categotories and all of the winners have organized huge voting campaigns on internet bulletin boards and the like, so this is the only chance she has.

http://www.storytubes.info/vote/final_videos.php

(Personally, I think the videos should be judged on their merit rather than on how organized the kids' parents are, but apparently this is the way its done, so I am trying to help her out!!)

If you would like to pass the link on to any other friends, forums, or anywhere else you think folks might like to vote, please do so. Thank you so much!!

:) Stacey and Olivia

You guys are awesome. This morning she was dancing for joy at the overnight results. It's all due to the efforts of kind and supportive people like you. Although I disagree with the way the contest is being judged, I am happy to see books and reading promoted like this!!

REmember to vote every day!!

http://www.storytubes.info/vote/final_videos.php

(Kathy in MD, you should be able to click on the video "Your CHickens" -it's the last one- and then a small video window opens and you click the arrow in the middle to watch it. Then vote in the panel on the left side of the window!!!! The videos are hosted on YouTube, so if you're someplace where YouTube videos are blocked, like a school, you may not be able to see them...)

GO BOOKS AND READING!!!

(Kathy in MD, you should be able to click on the video "Your CHickens" -it's the last one- and then a small video window opens and you click the arrow in the middle to watch it. Then vote in the panel on the left side of the window!!!! The videos are hosted on YouTube, so if you're someplace where YouTube videos are blocked, like a school, you may not be able to see them...)

GO BOOKS AND READING!!!

That's what I thought, but my computer has been acting up lately. Bummer!

Hey everyone--

You've all been great supporting Olivia's book review VIDEO this week. It's been quite a circus!!

By now you probably all know that we wish it were judged by the sponsoring librarians on the merit of the kids' work, but it's not and this on-line voing has been crazy. Last night there was a really highly unnatural spurt for "the other kid" where he suddenly started getting votes at a rate 15x anything we'd seen so far: over 1,250 votes in under an hour and a half (at one point, 75 in 3 minutes!) and then suddenly at 5:45, the "faucet" shut off and he got 10 votes over the next 4 HOURS. Pretty strange (though it had happened the previous night, too) and VERY SAD.

BUT....... Olivia has come this far -with all your help- and we can't quite now!!!! She is TIED for first right now, but his school district opens at 8:30 and his votes come in fast after that.

SHE NEEDS ALL THE HELP SHE CAN GET TODAY AND TONIGHT!!!

Voting ends at 11:59 pm Eastern time. Please continue your daily voting and continue to circulate the link to as many folks as you think would enjoy helping out his avid reader and chicken-lover!!

THIS IS THE LAST DAY TO VOTE!!!

Vote for (YOUR CHICKENS By Gail Damerow) http://www.storytubes.info/vote/final_videos.php

Thank you!

Stacey

I didn't even see this post until today- I found out about the video from a chicken-related mailing list that i'm subscribed to.

I've been faithfully voting all week, my kids loooved Olivia's video, especially when she was bopping around with the chickie on her head. Good stuff!

Best of luck to her today!!:001_smile:

How cute! I've even considered getting chickens. I've been helping to take care of chickens at our local stables. I need something to take care of the bugs in my lawn, and I love fresh eggs! My dh would like to get Dominicans too. I'll have to check this book out. I'm still not a fan of cleaning up a chicken coop though.

Jan

As Olivia says, "You guys ROCK!"

We REALLY appreicate all your support!!!

She's been sent to bed, bouncing off the walls, and I guess I should go to sleep as well. Just wanted to say thank you again. This is such a great group of interesting and intelligent folks.... I'm so glad I found it!

Stacey