Menu

Classical Conversations and Latin

nowimscrappin

Curious with those who do Classical Conversations - do you do any other Latin at home or just stick with what they are learning at CC?

I have seen several mention that they love Song School Latin and it seems geared for the younger ones, but I didn't want to overwhelm her and confuse her Latin between CC and that - so I'm curious as to other experience.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
Guest mtaylor1819

I have also heard good things about Sing Song Latin and Latin for Children. What they are learning in CC shouldn't contradict anything in a Latin Program.

We do CC with a group weekly but at home we practice our CC Latin memory work at home AND I speak Latin and we TRY to fit in Prima Latina DVD and lessons but we can't fit the PL in very often so that will pick up the week after CC ends and we will hopefully finish that up over the summer (we school all year round)

Especially in Cycle 3 I didn't think just memorizing a passage was enough for Latin and they seem fine doing more Latin at home.

I was attempting to follow LCC then we started CC...

If you want them to *know* Latin, you are going to have to do more at home. Just like the math, science and history, CC is not enough to fully teach the subject.

We aren't doing additional latin now because of the ages of my kids, but we'll add it in. Shoot... when do we have to add that? Second grade? Third?