Menu

WWE 3 - wow, what a massive book!

Mommy22alyns

I had the WWE 3 spine cut, coil bound the teacher's pages, and stuck the student pages in a closet somewhere. We just used notebook pages.

If you want to keep the student pages together, I'd spiral bind those separately than the teacher pages.

Why are you thinking of changing your usual habit? What wasn't working?

I had the WWE 3 spine cut, coil bound the teacher's pages, and stuck the student pages in a closet somewhere. We just used notebook pages.

If you want to keep the student pages together, I'd spiral bind those separately than the teacher pages.

Why are you thinking of changing your usual habit? What wasn't working?

My usual way is working, but since WWE 3 has the writing selections in the student pages, I'm thinking that would be harder to deal with as looseleaf sheets.

For WWE 1 and 2, I've been cutting the book in half, spiral binding the teacher's notes and 3 hole punching the student sheets. For WWE 3, I'm thinking of spiral binding the student sheets to make a big workbook and keep everything together. What do you think? Has anyone done this?

Yes. This is what we did for WWE3 - spiral bound the teacher and student sections separately. I used the front and back covers of the book for the teacher's section, and had generic covers put on the student section.

I took it to Staples & had them cut the binding and spiral bind it in 3 sections: the teacher's guide, the student readings, and the student pages. (Actually I think I pulled out all the student pages and sorted them so all they did was do the cutting for the teacher pages.)

It's much more manageable this way & we can store the reading selections separately if my son wants to reread them.

I'm using WW4 and it is huge also!! I tore all of the pages out, but left the teacher pages in the binding, then cut off the back cover. I slid all of the student reading passages into protective sleeves & photocopied all of the work pages. That way at the end of the year I have all of the passages ready for my next child & just need to photocopy the workpage originals again. It was a lot of work at first but seems to be working fine...