Menu

Mini Boden for girls--does it run pretty true to size?

We've never bought from the Mini Boden before, but I'm looking at a few things now. Do the sizes run large, or pretty close to sizes in other brands? Both my girls are tall and solid for their ages--DD8 (9 tomorrow :crying:) is wearing 10s and some 12s, and DD5 (almost 6) is wearing 7s and some 8s, and since I can't return items in a store, I'd like to try to get as close as possible.

TIA!

My kids tend to wear the size that matches their age and I have found that mini Boden runs true to size for them. The only issue I have had is with shirts that are sized for 2 years (3-4 for example). I have found that they will fit on the earlier end of the spectrum (so in my example the shirt would fit from around their third birthdays until about 4 1/2).

I love both the kids and adults lines from Boden and the hold up incredibly well. We have a bunch of stuff that has gone through my oldest and youngest and is now being used by a toddler niece. It all still looks great.

If you sign up for emails they often send out ones that are good for 20% off with free shipping and returns. I just got one yesterday. I have also seen 15% off and buy 3 get the 4th item free.

My daughter is 8.5 and she wears size 9-10 in Mini Boden. One thing I really like about their clothing is that they are cut pretty thin, which is good for dd who is tiny and has a hard time fitting most regular clothes. Just as a comparison for sizing, she is grown out of Slim Size 8 jeans from Gymboree, so we'll have to move up to Slim Size 10 for her there. She cannot wear the regular sized jeans though.

Their stuff tends to be slim and on the long side. My tall 7 yr old needs size 8 as a perfect fit now and 9 for it to last more than next few months. However I have noticed the last couple of years that their t shirt lengths are getting shorter in sleeve and body. On your 5 yr old I would try the 6 if you want good fit now or 7 for growing room if she has very long legs. And maybe size 10 for your older dd. My dd is the same in that for a perfect fit she is a couple of years ahead in many brands but only next size in most boden stuff.