Menu

Husbands watching the Superbowl

the one where the Saints win...he has it on DVD and it has become a tradition (ok, this is only the second year he is doing this) to watch the Saints win the Superbowl before the new football season begins. I just don't get it. I can understand watching highlights of the game, or any game, but a whole game....:confused:

Anyone else rewatch complete football games?

When we were first married, my husband tried watching games on the classics channel. Sorry. Not happening. I would let him rewatch a special game - but just watching old ones because there weren't any new ones? I didn't want that habit forming.

And, no, that is nothing like rereading a book for the 82nd time.:D

the one where the Saints win...he has it on DVD and it has become a tradition (ok, this is only the second year he is doing this) to watch the Saints win the Superbowl before the new football season begins. I just don't get it. I can understand watching highlights of the game, or any game, but a whole game....:confused:

Anyone else rewatch complete football games?

My dad would probably watch that one. My parents were at the first game at Tulane stadium. We schlepped a TV in our minivan when we were moving once because the Saints were in their first playoff game. (We had no furniture, not even dishes, just sleeping bags, the TV and an antenna.)

So yeah, I could see him rewatching that one game over and over and over.

I figured I am lucky when I read this. My dh does not watch sports of any kind ever. That would be awful! Sorry, I am not much help :tongue_smilie:

This is my dh, too. I grew up in a sports house. His dad watches lots of college sports (football, basketball). I had to convince him that it was ok to let the boys watch part of a game today.

Overall, it has its advantages. For the game in question, I took the older dc with me to watch it with the youth group at church. Dh wanted to watch a movie at home.

We DVRd that game when it was first on and then dh burned it to a disc. He's watched it...oh....10 times. Each time at the end he looks like he wants to cry.

Right now he's out in the garage in his man-cave with a cigar and hollering at LSU.

Geaux Tigers! We like duck Gumbo!!!!!

I don't know. My dh and boys watch the '85 superbowl game before every superbowl. Oh, and the Bears always win the superbowl in our house, whether they play or not. It's a foreign world to me!

I totally get your logic. The Saints win every Super Bowl and LSU wins every NCAA Championship game.