Menu

Making a Sand Table for a Preschool Class

Under the bed tote box. They are usually long not too deep but deep enough and they have lids.

When I taught preschool, we used totes. I had several of them, beans, rice, packing peanuts,bird seed, etc. that I'd switch daily. At home, I have a large plastic tote (3 feet long x 2 feet tall) that I use for sensory items. Right now, it's dish soap and water on the front porch.

When I taught preschool, we used totes. I had several of them, beans, rice, packing peanuts,bird seed, etc. that I'd switch daily. At home, I have a large plastic tote (3 feet long x 2 feet tall) that I use for sensory items. Right now, it's dish soap and water on the front porch.

:) Thanks everyone! How large were the totes at preschool? Do you remember how many kids would gather round to play? We've got 10-20 in the area, but of course.... there are other things to play with.

Also, I'm all ears for anything else fun that you remember! :) We have scheduled circle time, craft time... and free time for the "sand" table/dress-up/kitchen area... etc. :)