Menu

I need a good wall map of the world for 6-7th graders? any suggestions?

I saw on a post about school rooms a really neat wall map from Pottery Barn but unfortunately my walls will not accomodate a 14' x9' map. I would like a large one though as we all dislike using our globe and atlas. I did like the fact that you could write on this particular one but I guess I don't have to have the feature if I can find a good large one for us to use. thanks

I purchased a laminated wall map of the World and the USA, in suble but beautiful colors, from Office Max. They were $14.99 each. They are both about 4'X3'. We are using wet erase markers and they work great. Rand McNally made them.

I can only offer this information because Jessica (Trivium Academy) hinted to me that they were not as pricey as I thought and suggested I should shop around. I think she said she bought one from WalMart but maybe not. Good Luck!

Hope this helps!

I found a paper map at our bookstore for less than 5.00. Long term I would go with a laminated one as I found out after our purchase the school supply store laminator isn't big enough.

Another option is to post it to a piece of luan or thin plywood and then frame it out. I plan on doing that with ours.