Menu

What is the name of these science books?

There is a series of slim paperback science books that gives the student overviews of the separate scientific disciplines. Does anyone know what they are called? I just saw them at Nicole M's house and now the titles have slipped my mind, which is no surprise these days.

Maybe Science 101 from Smithsonian? We used the Oceanography title in the spring.

You all have wonderful suggestions, but no, none of those are the books. Nicole is swamped, but I hope to hear soon what they are.

The Smithsonian books look like a good possibility as do the "Short Introductions" books. Thank you for the positive feedback on both of these series.

I wish I could learn to leave well enough alone. First, the boy was going to do K12 due to family circumstances that required more of my time. Then when I found myself bristling at red tape, I picked curriculum with schedules. Which would be fine, but I haven't liked using curriculum with schedules for a while either. So now I find myself thinking, "Well, we are covering "x" in history, this would be a great time to cover "y" in science. I never before had to line up history and science. Ghaww! I think Nan was right in another thread. I need to go for more walks. After a summer of intense exercise, this school thing is making me edgy and not very bright.:tongue_smilie:

I will post when I hear from Nicole.