Menu

Can I skip CLE LU's if we school year round?

diaperjoys

It seems like I've read on here before that certain light units can be skipped. I'm getting ready to order the rest of our CLE Math LU's, and I'm wondering if I need to order every one. This is for my 1st and 2nd grade sons.

We've been schooling on a "three weeks on, one week off" schedule, so there won't be much of a break between grades when my kids move up. For my first grader could I skip either LU 110 or LU 201?? What about for my second grader?

I called CLE, and they told me they don't recommend skipping anything at all. Not sure I want to go that route if the kids are understanding everything well.

Math 01 LU's are review only. This does not hold true for the other subjects at all. Just so you know.

As for the math, if you have a child that is progressing well with math and doesn't need the review of the 01, its fine to skip it and continue on. But if you have a child that struggles the review is good for them.

If you homeschool year round you could skip the 01 too. The 01 Light Unit was created for the kids that take summer off and go back to school. Or if they are coming in from another curriculum.

If you don't think they'll forget what they learn in three weeks time then skipping the 01 for Math is just fine.

Remember, you can't do that with the other subjects though.