Menu

Air traffic being slowed...will I make it home?

We are in the Ft. lauderdale airport, waiting for our flight to Philadelphia that was supposed to take off at 2. Because air travel is slowing from the storm, we have just been informed that we will not be leaving on time, and they really don't know when we will take off. It looks like the current plan is to put us on the plane and let us sit so that we are ready to take off whenever allowed. Ugh. Trying to beat this storm home is going to be a challenge, I'm afraid.

As for our cruise, it was ok. No IL issues to speak of, and we had some great days at the ports of call. As for the 3 days at sea, being stuck on a ship with 5000+ other passengers is NOT my idea of a good time. But I survived. Now if I can just go home all will be well.

Update on my son in Afghanistan: he is ok but his roommate was shot and killed last week. I wonder how someone so young (he is 22) can handle losing two friends in under two weeks.

I don't know about your flight, here's a map that might help. http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp

:grouphug: Many hugs and thoughts for your son.

Thanks...looks good for me:

Due to WEATHER / RAIN, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia, PA (PHL). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 28 minutes.