Menu

An overdue introduction

Hi,

After reading other posts on here, I’m afraid I may have joined this forum incorrectly. I just kind of jumped in at one point, and never introduced myself. It is the first forum I’ve been a part of. So...better late than never, I hope?

Just a little about me. I’ve been homeschooling since my oldest (of five) was in 5th grade. From time to time, I would check out the WTM forums for homeschooling/curriculum ideas.

A little over a year ago, I finally jumped in and began posting from time to time. That happened to coincide with when I was living at the neuro ICU wondering if my brilliant husband and closest friend in the world would survive his massive left hemisphere stroke. I needed something to distract me, and so I decided I would focus on the next homeschooling year.

In a nutshell our lives have been turned upside-down. We have been all over the country to get the best rehab for my husband. He is learning how to walk, talk, read, write, and even think again. I’ve dragged my two youngest homeschoolers (now a junior and senior in high school!) everywhere we have needed to be for my husband to recover, and they’ve never complained.

I try to take life one day at a time, and to count my many blessings (and there are many!). It is not always easy; I struggle almost daily. My Christian faith has sustained me through this. Sometimes...sometimes...I can see God’s hand in all of this.

In all the strange (meaning different) places we’ve been to this past year, and during all the months that I was not able to talk with my best friend anymore -- because he could not talk back and could not always understand me -- I have come to the forum for cheerful distraction and a little companionship. And oh yes -- for homeschooling issues. :)

So thank you forum, and sorry I didn’t do this sooner.

:grouphug: hi! I can't remember if I've ever done a proper intro either!:confused: I'm glad you're here. I've been a lurker mostly (I'm not sure that's what it's called..I read here a lot, but don't post a lot). I am homeschooling my last child (oldest 3 are grown and went to ps). Blessings to you and your family!

Nice to meet you all, and yes, my husband is making good progress. He is walking again, and learning to read again, and speaking words and some phrases now. It's not just a matter of learning how to talk again, it's actually re-connecting the brain, so it's a long process. It's coming along, though. He is getting his sense of humor back, which is great. :)