Menu

Should I even bother to complain?

When my original plans for ds's science fell through, I ordered Holt's Physical Science with Earth and Space Science from RR. The description on RR's site states:

"At the high school level a variety of courses have been made available – Holt Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, and Physical Science packages include a student text, teacher edition, and a chapter resources CD-ROM which contains skills worksheets and assessments. In addition, the biology and chemistry courses include a ‘Virtual Investigations’ CD-ROM which includes virtual labs for biology and graphics, animations, movie clips, and demonstrations for chemistry. " (emphasis mine)

My assumption was that this meant a physical student book. Instead, I have a student book on CD-Rom. And I'm not happy about it.

The Amazon price for the student book is over $60, and I've already spent $270 on the package, which was outside of my comfort zone to begin with! RR does not list it as an available separate item.

Was it wrong for me to assume I was purchasing an actual student book?

I have two of the Holt packages. In both of them there is a student *textbook*, a teacher's guide and lots of worksheets and lab sheets on CD. The student book in that sentence should be referring to the textbook, not a workbook. Did your package come with a physical student textbook? If not, then I would call and ask about it because both of the packages I have ordered did.

I have two of the Holt packages. In both of them there is a student *textbook*, a teacher's guide and lots of worksheets and lab sheets on CD. The student book in that sentence should be referring to the textbook, not a workbook. Did your package come with a physical student textbook? If not, then I would call and ask about it because both of the packages I have ordered did.

Nope. There's a teacher's edition text, CD-Rom of worksheets/keys, and a "Student One Stop" disc that includes "Student Edition, Guided Reading Audio Program in MP3, Interactive REader, Study Guide, and Math Skills Workbook."

Nope. There's a teacher's edition text, CD-Rom of worksheets/keys, and a "Student One Stop" disc that includes "Student Edition, Guided Reading Audio Program in MP3, Interactive REader, Study Guide, and Math Skills Workbook."

Oh, that is annoying. I have the Earth Science and the high school Biology. They both came with actual student textbooks. I would call and ask which sets come with actual books, return the set you have and get one of the other sets.

RR sent a UPS tag and is supposed to be issuing a refund. I asked to exchange for a different Holt program with student text. She wasn't sure which ones had it and which ones didn't, but would look into it. That was Monday.

Really!?! You can't find out all week? You don't want my $270? Thanks bunches. We start school on Monday and have no science curriculum. Now I'm on the hunt, but can't comfortably spend more until the refund goes through.

After 4 years, no more Rainbow Resources at this house! :glare: