Menu

Computer crash, Kindle malfunction, lost data...oh my!

I have lost all of my ebooks/files for homeschooling. :( My computer crashed earlier this summer and they were unable to recover data. :::crying:::

So....I have some ebooks as pdf's on my Kindle. I pulled out my Kindle a week ago and had a battery error message. Kindle not fixable. Amazon sent new one (LOVE Amazon!!!) but now I have lost the copies that I had.

Now what? Do you think the companies might resend files? :001_huh: I lost HST+, SOTW 2 AG, SOTW 4 AG, FLL 1 and 2, WWE 1 and 2, Elemental Science Chemistry, Earth Science, Biology, and Intro. Little Flower Garden Pre-6th.

Not counting YEARS of saved files and planning. :confused:

I am so bummed.

Some companies will be very helpful in this situation, and others will completely ignore you. I'm pretty sure Peace Hill Press allows a certain number of downloads, and many other companies do also. If not, try contacting customer service. They can often look up purchases by email address and may resend curriculum. Make sure you are backing up from now on! I have Norton to automatically back up files on a few of my computers. It's very easy to re-download files. I used to have a backup drive, but it was a PITA. I don't have to think about backing up at all now.:001_smile:

I feel your pain I lost all of my files from my laptop twice in 2 months time and though I did not lose a lot because I do backup often (I got lazy on some things) I lost things like favorite site etc. After I received my hdd back from seagate I cloned my drive so that if something happens again I will have a backup of my O.S and files. There are software out there that can do this but the best ones I have tried is Terabytes unlimited and Paragons Hard disk manager.

This is just an Idea that I thought I might throw out there as I have lost information I can not get back including homeschool files that I can not get back I created and thought this may be something you might want to consider.

If you bought the program online check and see if you still have the email they sent you so that you can download the program again.:001_smile:

Edited by dyana17