Menu

can I brag. . . PLEEEEAAASSE

Guest Barb B

Anyway . . ds had 3 short emails last week to me (I dropped him off college Sat. Aug 13.). Then we had a great phone call yesterday. . . And today I heard from him again. He called right after his last class! I can tell he really is enjoying school, he likes his 3 classes he had today (calculus, chemistry and communications). Even though my home schooled by is in calculus and chem with about 500 others!Not overwhelmed at all. Feels excited and confident. He has meet 4 friends that he is best buddies with already. Hangs out with 8 he has met - none of whom drink! 3 are also in engineering, so have same classes - so they are getting together to see how online homework happens. Great how kids in college who don't party or drink will find each other! He says his calc. teacher is said to be one of the best professors in the school (Purdue university), and he really likes his communications class and professor! I am happy, relieved and proud on so many levels!

Just wanted to share!

Barb

What a fantastic start!!! Brag away-you deserve it after all the hard work. Isn't it such a relief when it turns out to be what we hope for them? Purdue is a fantastic school-my youngest dd is planning on going there next year. We're going to have a rivalry here. My oldest has already bought a t-shirt that says "Sisters don't let sisters go to Purdue". She's at Rose-Hulman:tongue_smilie:

Guest Barb B

What is nice is our close relationship continues. He has called Sunday, Monday right after his last class to tell me all about them. and today after his 1st engineering class. He called a 2nd time today. He told me about his friends, studying, his professors. . just like we always have. So I am proof - if thats the relationship you have with them before they leave college - it doesn't have to stop after they leave!

Barb

Anyway . . ds had 3 short emails last week to me (I dropped him off college Sat. Aug 13.). Then we had a great phone call yesterday. . . And today I heard from him again. He called right after his last class! I can tell he really is enjoying school, he likes his 3 classes he had today (calculus, chemistry and communications). Even though my home schooled by is in calculus and chem with about 500 others!Not overwhelmed at all. Feels excited and confident. He has meet 4 friends that he is best buddies with already. Hangs out with 8 he has met - none of whom drink! 3 are also in engineering, so have same classes - so they are getting together to see how online homework happens. Great how kids in college who don't party or drink will find each other! He says his calc. teacher is said to be one of the best professors in the school (Purdue university), and he really likes his communications class and professor! I am happy, relieved and proud on so many levels!

Just wanted to share!

Barb

:thumbup: