Menu

HELP! TOG users please!

HootOwl

Is there a way to "copy" the Student Activity Pages from the Loom CD and paste into Word or some other application where I can then add lines of blank spaces before I print the sheets? My dd really struggled with keeping her Accountability Questions neatly organized last year, and I thought it would be so much easier if she could write her answers directly underneath the questions, instead of having to write them on another sheet of paper (often forgetting to write the questions first!).

I've played and played with the select tool, and I can get the text copied, but when I place it in Word, it loses some of its formatting. I spend so much time trying to align it properly and to make it look "pretty" that I end up throwing in the towel and forgetting it all.

I really like the look of the color bars across the top of the page and down the side and would love to keep that as well. I just don't want to spend hours (which I don't have!) editing a form that looks great the way it is, but just needing more writing space.

I would so welcome a brilliant idea or two thrown my way! Thanks so much!

Frantically planning TOG Year 2 for Dialectic dd and Upper Grammer ds,

Lisa

I have the same problem, so I'd be interested to know if anyone has another solution. You could order the SAP packs from Lampstand just so dd has a copy. Although you probably already tried giving her a copy from the loom. I can't be bothered this year. I'll just be printing them exactly as they appear, or order the SAP packs myself.

Shannon

You can copy and paste from the Loom section labeled Workbook_Contents. (at least in DE, I assume it is the same with Loom CD) BUT, you lose the layout, bullet points, etc. This is what you are struggling with, right? I have never tried so didn't realize until now. Bummer.:(

Yes there is a way!

I did it this year after reading this..http://web.mac.com/rivendellpress/Rivendell_Press/TOG_Workbooks/Entries/2009/6/20_Spiral_Workbooks.html

I upload first to a PDF reader then from there to Windows office then made the changes..

Can you give me more detail about what PDF reader you uploaded to? When I open the SAP, it appears to be in Adobe Reader format. Do you upload it to something else?

Then how you do transfer it to Word?

I followed the link you referenced (I have read the post before as well!), but I didn't see an example or explanation about how to reformat in Word.

Sorry to be such a bother, but I didn't understand how you got from A to B! :001_huh:

Thanks,

Lisa

Well, Im not very computer savvy so I will try my best in explaining. :)

First, I read this.http://www.ehow.com/how_5895056_convert-_pages-_pdf.html.

I used nuance PDF reader. I uploaded the TOG student pages from a file. Then once the pages were on Nuance PDF reader I would high light what I wanted and then copy then go to Microsoft Office and paste. From there I would create the space between the questions then print.

This is the free PDF reader I downloaded http://www.nuance.com/products/pdf-reader/index.htm

Edited by ryyans