Menu

National Geographic for LITTLE Kids for $7/yr!!

bleeglaser

I was so excited last week when someone shared a link for the National Geographic Kids(ages 6-14). I was thrilled this morning to get an email from mamapedia about their newest deal of National Geograhic LITTLE Kids(ages 3-6). As many of you I have a range of ages with my children, from 4months-6years so something geared toward preschool is great for us.

The deal is for a $10/year subscription. You can get another $3 off of that if you use coupon code NATGEOLK3. $7 is a great deal!

Click the link below for more details:

http://deals.mamapedia.com/deals/national-geographic-little-kids-one-year-subscription?ref_data=national-geographic-little-kids-one-year-subscription&ref_id=440105&ref_type=bw3

Edited by bleeglaser

No, I got it a few months ago and there are no ads. It is little, about the size of a trade paperback and maybe 15 pages, but they are very cute. They also come with collectable cards with animals in every issue that I've been putting in baseball card sheets for my daughter when she's a bit older.

• 3 months later...
Awesome! If I recall correctly, National Geographic Little Kids doesn't have any ads.

(National Geographic Kids does, which has been an issue for many people.)

I was considering Nat Geo Kids - what kinds of ads are there?

I was considering Nat Geo Kids - what kinds of ads are there?

A plethora of ads on toys, junk food- your basic stuff to drive any parent crazy because kids don't concentrate on the articles when they see neat gadgets, dolls, and tasty snacks staring at them!

We got Nat Geo Kids during the last sale and it goes in the trash the day it arrives. My DD really dislikes it. The pages are very busy and there's not much actual information versus the ad content. She won't even read it. I hand it to her and she hands it back. She's not even excited that it's mail with her name on it, LOL.

That's KIDS version though, not Little Kids version. Maybe that one's better?

The Little Kids version is excellent for, I'd say, up to about age 4. My son who is almost three wants to go through each issue again and again. There are typically two short animal features with lots of pictures, a couple of one-page nature Q and A's ("why do rhinos have horns?" "where do icebergs come from?"), and a bunch of simple puzzles and activities like find the rhyming words, find the differences, easy mazes, etc.

For older kids, rather than National Geographic Kids, I'd strongly recommend Your Big Backyard from the National Wildlife Foundation. It's the junior publication to Ranger Rick.