Menu

Why homeschool question

KristenR

I had an email from one of my readers on my blog the other day. It was a woman asking me how I schedule and manage children of different ages. It was an honest email in which she admitted she wants to homeschool but is afraid she will "screw her kids up" or "miss something important" etc.

I wrote her a rather longwinded answer and posted it here. But it got me thinking- I'm sure many of you awesome bloggers have similar blog posts. I would love a chance to read your post about why or how you homeschool. Maybe I can keep link up your related post about it from my blog. It can be a log roll of inspiration posts from real homeschoolers that we can share with inquiring minds....

Just a thought... Let me know if you have something fitting.

I have a 2-parter, our "Journey Toward Homeschooling" on why; and I have "What Do We Do All Day?" First Year in Review" and (I forget the title) one along the lines of addressing my pre-homeschooling fears about losing my mind if I spent all day, every day with them, which obviously didn't happen (and in retrospect was funny, since I fought sending the little one to all-day kindergarten, which I thought was barbaric).

I don't have a blow-by-blow of "how to Homeschool" because I haven't been in the game long enough for that.

My husband guest-wrote one on the perspective of the working spouse looking at all of this from the sidelines ("What to Expect When You're Expecting...to Homeschool"

If any of those would be relevant to what you wish to do or share with your friend, share away!

Well, I'm brand new in this world and actually just started a blog. My very first long-winded post was used as a "coming-out" post to my friends and family on facebook. Most didn't know what we were doing so I just decided to put it out there. It's incredibly long, but here it is: http://ourlifeoflearning.blogspot.com/2011/08/so-here-it-is_15.html

I wrote a blog post several years ago on when and how we started homeschooling. It doesn't include all the why reasons, but it might be helpful to someone.

I also wrote another post once about how life was good with homeschooling and a new baby in the mix after getting the impression that some people around me were thinking I was a little crazy to do what I do every day. I like that post.

I don't have a concise post that describes WHY we homeschool (I'll have to add that sometime)!

I do have a post that is a "So what do you do every day?" kind of thing that shows how different each day can be and sort of sums up one particular month of homeschooling with lots of pics to show how homeschooling looks over time, but that there IS no real "typical" day.... you can check that out here, if you'd like:

http://nancextoo.livejournal.com/175611.html

I have an entire section on my blog as to why I homeschool. But then there are also many posts under 'our homeschool' as well. Not really one in particular but many. They are labeled under 'why I homeschool' and 'our homeschool' if you are interested in checking it out.

warmly,

Tricia