Menu

S/O (of multiple S/Os!): Appearance- when someone is always "put together"

I had NO intention of reading this whole thread, but it sucked me right in! I find it SO interesting. I'm with Rebecca in VA, for the most part, but I get my hair highlighted every 3 months and LOVE it if I can get a full pedicure and my nails buffed. I don't want polish on my nails because it chips too quickly and tacky is MUCH worse than having buffed nails.

I do wonder how much of this is where you grow up and if the South has a market on generally looking "put together." Personally, I have an aversion to both sloppy and tacky. I don't want to see chipped nail polish, bra straps, tramp stamps, or thongs. And there are plenty of comfy clothes in all sizes that don't look sloppy AND can be found at Goodwill. I know. I have filled my shopping cart a NUMBER of times with clothes from Talbots, Banana Republic, Loft, etc. from thrift stores.

So, I guess I do make judgments if women are, in my opinion, dressed sloppily or tackily. Neat, clean, and in clothes that fit goes a long way.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic