Menu

Anyone use Spellwell?

kandty

My dd loved it. We did use a higher level than what was suggested for grade level. The lists are grouped by common spelling rules. They spell the words for a pre-test on Mon. Then do exercises during the week and do test on Friday. Misspelled words are carried over to the next week. DD didn't love all the exercises, so we did skip some. I would just have her write the missed words in a sentence on those days. The workbooks are cheap. I saw improvement. HTH

LOVE it! :D I have a TERRIBLE speller so I went BELOW his grade level big time to help boost his confidence. The difference has been AMAZING.

That said they follow a great pattern which is kinda CM in spelling. They group words with similarities together. In other words they'll have similar sounds and you only change certain parts of the words. I read, many times, that this was essential for a poor speller.

Yes, the books are a wee bit silly, but my son enjoys them and he only has to do 1 small page a week. After the first few weeks he aced his pretest and was sooooooo excited to get to use the bonus words. ;)

If you look at it on CBD.com you can see inside the books for a better "into" on the book.