Menu

Vegetables and critters

Ugh--if it were only the critters, it would not be so bad...

Unfortunatly, I have telephone wires strung over my garden beds. Now, that by itself is no big deal. But there is a little robin who loves to sit right over my kale. For a long time. Long enough to need to relieve himself. Repeatedly.

:tongue_smilie:

Baby! lol :)

Fill the sink halfway (or more--whatever makes you comfy) with water and soak for a few minutes (or more. I sometimes forget about it lol.) The dirt will sink to the bottom, and the critters will float.

Lift the veggies from the water and put into a collander or such. Or just put them onto a towel and pat dry.

Easy -peasy.

Ugh--if it were only the critters, it would not be so bad...

Unfortunatly, I have telephone wires strung over my garden beds. Now, that by itself is no big deal. But there is a little robin who loves to sit right over my kale. For a long time. Long enough to need to relieve himself. Repeatedly.

:tongue_smilie:

That's nothing compared to giant caterpillar droppings.

Nature is so....natural. :D

apple cider vinegar...we use it for washing all of our produce home grown or store bought....even for canteloup and bananas. I just freak out a little bit when the kids go get something to cut up and I've got had a chance to wash it...I'm like, "Do you know how many people have touched that thing?! Who knows where their hands have been, you're about to cut that open/bite into it (whatever the situation warrants :tongue_smilie:) with someones nasty germs on it...seriously go back and wash it".

Ok...I'm a little germaphobic...:D I do try to wash the stuff when I get it in the kitchen, but I sometimes get sidetracked.