Menu

Would you touch someone else's stuff?

Ooo! Ooo! I have friends like this! One will, when she is visiting, pick up birthday/anniversary cards hanging on the wall and read them <snip>

Hold on, now I'm really all perplexed. If a card is hanging on display on a wall isn't it fair game to anyone? What's the point of hanging up a card in a public part of your home if you don't want anyone looking at it...?

I'm learning through this thread that perhaps I'm considered rude, LOL.

...but the fact that she'd take start using someone else's camera without asking seems bizarre to me.

I felt the same way when a visiting family allowed their 15yod to rummage through my craft shelves looking for something to do, and when another visiting mother decided she wanted to rummage through my fridge to find some food (different from what I was serving) for her kids. I was dumbfounded. No one asked me for permission.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have a personal-card-reader in the extended family, too. Just because I left it on the counter doesn't mean I am inviting you to pick it up, open it and read it. I just ran out of time to shove all the paper bits into drawers before you got here!

oh my, my grandmother. years ago at my husband's birthday, he opened his cards at the table and passed them around. My mother had included a check as a gift. when it reached my grandmother (who had noticed it), she loudly exclaimed (so everyone was looking at her) "what happend to the check?" dh had put it in his lap, He didn't think that needed to go around the table too. oh, he made a habit of raining on her parade. :nopity: he was always faultlessly polite, and it drove her nuts.

I felt the same way when a visiting family allowed their 15yod to rummage through my craft shelves looking for something to do, and when another visiting mother decided she wanted to rummage through my fridge to find some food (different from what I was serving) for her kids. I was dumbfounded. No one asked me for permission.

I have a lock on my toy-closet door. there are certain young mothers in the family who have inspired me to lock it and take all the keys away before they arrive. I took out toys for their kids to play with - they don't need to empty the closet.