Menu

CC Audio CD question

skeeterbug

I read that students memorise the entire timeline each year. Is this correct? Does the audio cd for each cycle contain the entire timeline? Or just the history for that cycle? (I realise it contains the other memory work for that cycle as well, I'm specifically interested in the history info.)

If they do memorise the entire timeline each year, what does the history breakdown in the different cycles relate to?

Thanks! (new here, but I've been lurking for a very long time!)

No, the timeline (based on the VP history cards) is not on the audios.

Check out this Foundations flyer to see what is covered in history for each of the 3 cycles. That is, what the history sentences cover, since the timeline is repeated every cycle. Scroll down to page 2. Look at the chart in color.

pdf flyer for Foundations

Angie

Who has never been in CC, but who uses Foundations materials at home

Okay, so the history breakdown is related to the history sentences for each cycle.

What are the "history tunes" that the description of the audio cd refers to? Are these the history sentences put to music?

http://www.classicalconversationsbooks.com/cycle1audiocd.html

I'm interested in using Foundations at home as well and I am trying to understand the materials.

The History Tunes are the Sentences (I believe). The Audio CDs are of all the material in the Parent Guide.The timeline is separate. You have to buy the VP cards.

We are doing this at home this year as well. I purchased the Parent Guide, the VP cards, and all the audio cds for each cycle.