Menu

Online Spanish my 5 year old can do independently?

kokotg

Like BrainPop or Sheppard Software or something, only for Spanish? Is what I'm envisioning. Does such a thing exist? My older two are doing Spanish for Children (Classical Academic Press), and all three will probably be taking an outside Spanish class. But I'm suspecting my 8 year old will need a lot of hand holding for SFC, so I'd like to set my 5 year old up with something he can do online while the older two work. He reads well, so it's fine if it requires some independent reading. And it doesn't have to be particularly structured...I mean, it's fine if it is, but it doesn't need to be a complete curriculum; just games or videos + games or something that will keep him occupied. I keep thinking there MUST be something like that out there, and I keep not being able to find it.

Elementary Spanish on Discovery Streaming might fit the bill-it's video with printable activities, many of which are used during the video.

thanks! We have used that before, mostly for my older kids...I may take a look at it again.

This program seems fun and engaging, with games and such. It seems great for ages K-2.

https://www.foreignlanguagefriends.com/

The only downside is that they have only 12 units and we were able to do one entire unit this morning just trying it out.

Love this! Thank you!

There is also Speekee, it's videos to watch with some printable activity sheets. I've read good reviews of it but haven't tried it myself.