Menu

Biology for 1st, 3rd and 5th grades

dcjlkplus3

I like NOEO if you like lit-based. We are doing the Chemistry 1 and it is pretty neat :).

Another thing you might want to look at is Christian Kids Explore Biology (faith based). It is pretty balanced (you need to choose your own supplementary reading), with a classical slant (includes memory work lists), fun hands-on, and a text to read aloud.

What do you like about Elemental Science?

Is Elemental Science only biology, or more general science?

I am planning on having 2 different levels/programs of science 1 or grammar stage and 1 for logic stage. We have been doing noeo for chem and physics and like it, but buying 2 different levels will be very expensive.

What do you like about Elemental Science?

Is Elemental Science only biology, or more general science?

I am planning on having 2 different levels/programs of science 1 or grammar stage and 1 for logic stage. We have been doing noeo for chem and physics and like it, but buying 2 different levels will be very expensive.

We love Elemental Science here! Paige has 2 levels of bio out... grammar and logic. I think it would be pretty easy to run them simultaneously. The logic stage bio is actually written directly to the student so it would enable your older one to work independently as much as needed. I'm planning on my 5th grader being mostly independent. I'll be using both grammar and logic bio this next year (plus physics with my dd!). If you would like to do science the WTM way give this a try! Paige has taken all the hard work out of it and made it simple for us! :001_smile:

Oh, and ES has all the sciences for grammar stage, with Bio being the first science at logic stage with more to come! Each one is sold as a separate entity though.