Menu

How do I make a logo for our school?

Though this means I have to admit I am totally computer graphic illiterate....I'll ask anyway.

We're starting our HS'ing journey this year, and I'd love to surprise my kiddos with tshirts or note cards or something with our school logo. Only I need a way to design it first. Other than shelling out big bucks to have someone design it (which is obviously not even a consideration), how can I do this?

I have a name and some ideas. I'd really like to draw something rather than just punch in premade clip art. Any thoughts???

Thank you!

I use Photoshop for design stuff like that. Publisher or Paint may also work. You can also do quite a bit with text boxes in Word, but I find it more limiting that the true graphics programs.

You can find graphics online but most of the good ones require you pay for them, although you can find some for free. It just depends on what you are looking for.

Though this means I have to admit I am totally computer graphic illiterate....I'll ask anyway.

We're starting our HS'ing journey this year, and I'd love to surprise my kiddos with tshirts or note cards or something with our school logo. Only I need a way to design it first. Other than shelling out big bucks to have someone design it (which is obviously not even a consideration), how can I do this?

I have a name and some ideas. I'd really like to draw something rather than just punch in premade clip art. Any thoughts???

Thank you!

You could try and use the design tool at my Uppercase Living website (we're not a logo design service, but you could use the tool all the same and then capture a screen shot of it to get to a printer). There are 35 or so colors and 50 or more fonts to choose from, plus the whole catalog of designs that you can add in for graphics as well. From the above link, click on MyDesign/Custom Design in the middle of the screen and then click on Add Text and Graphics. Click "Blank Surface" in the lower right and design away! Move things around how you'd like them and voila! (If you need info. on how to capture a screen shot to save to your computer, to get to a printer, let me know). This info. is just for you to design something to use as a logo on your own, but if you love what you design, you could purchase it for your homeschool room wall!

Have fun ...

ETA: My website may be down until noon July 26 -- UL is releasing the new 2011-2012 catalog today and is prepping our sites for the big reveal.

Edited by milovaný

Draw/Scan/Upload as Jpeg/Modify in Picasa if needed./Download jpeg to desktop

Picasa is free.

Picnik is also free w/additional features at a charge.

You could also look into services like zazzle or shutterfly...there is one other big name for transfer of images to object like shirts, cups, bags whichever ...I can't seem to think of it though.