Menu

Six O'Clock Scramble?

I suggest to check out their book from the library first.

Some recipes are very good, some leave you :confused:.

:iagree: She has two books out. The Six O'clock Scramble and SOS! Six O'Clock Scramble to the Rescue. They both have some pretty good recipes, but it's maybe 30% good, 30% just meh, and 40% not too appealing -- IMO. YMMV, so maybe look through the books to see if that's going to be your kind of cooking or not.

I have both of her cookbooks, and I still subscribe to the service. I like being able to just look at the menu for the week, swap out any recipes that I don't want to make with a different one, and print out a grocery list. I find we save money because I shop for meals and have all the ingredients needed on hand. I'm not tempted to go out to eat, because if I do the food I've already bought will go to waste. $15 for 6 months is a great deal! I would say try it out. I love her recipes. There have been very few that we didn't care for. And even with both cookbooks, the service is worth it to me. It's so easy to plan for the week!

I have both of her cookbooks, and I still subscribe to the service. I like being able to just look at the menu for the week, swap out any recipes that I don't want to make with a different one, and print out a grocery list. I find we save money because I shop for meals and have all the ingredients needed on hand. I'm not tempted to go out to eat, because if I do the food I've already bought will go to waste. $15 for 6 months is a great deal! I would say try it out. I love her recipes. There have been very few that we didn't care for. And even with both cookbooks, the service is worth it to me. It's so easy to plan for the week!

So it's easy enough to swap out recipes? I meal plan/shop weekly already, but really feel like I'm in a serious rut with what I make.

I suggest to check out their book from the library first.

Some recipes are very good, some leave you :confused:.

:iagree: She has two books out. The Six O'clock Scramble and SOS! Six O'Clock Scramble to the Rescue. They both have some pretty good recipes, but it's maybe 30% good, 30% just meh, and 40% not too appealing -- IMO. YMMV, so maybe look through the books to see if that's going to be your kind of cooking or not.

Thanks for the tip. I just put the SOS! book on hold at my library.

Love, love the Scramble! We've been subscribers for about a year and a half, I think.

I have a few blog posts about it here.

I'm surprised to hear some people don't like the recipes. As my husband recently said, the "worst" recipes are, "Hmm, that was fun to have something interesting, but I wouldn't want it again for another month or two."

There are several that my kids beg me to make again and again.

It's the kind of thing that you get "better" at it the more you do it ... you kinda get the hang of which ones you'll like, and what you modify (for example, anything with spinach I either substitute with another meal, or cook the meal but just leave the spinach out.)

So it's easy enough to swap out recipes? I meal plan/shop weekly already, but really feel like I'm in a serious rut with what I make.

You can easily create a "Recipe Box." Mine currently has about 25 of our favorite Scramble meals. I also have these 25 meals printed and in a spiral notebook, so I don't have to re-print them every time.

Some weeks I just mix a few from the recipe box and print the grocery list.

Most weeks I look at the weekly menu, pick one or two new ones I think sound good, and then add three "old favorites" from the recipe box and print the grocery list.

You can easily create a "Recipe Box." Mine currently has about 25 of our favorite Scramble meals. I also have these 25 meals printed and in a spiral notebook, so I don't have to re-print them every time.

Some weeks I just mix a few from the recipe box and print the grocery list.

Most weeks I look at the weekly menu, pick one or two new ones I think sound good, and then add three "old favorites" from the recipe box and print the grocery list.

Do you know if there is a way to easily find gluten free recipes? I've got a friend who would love this site (and the price), but she's gluten free.

Do you know if there is a way to easily find gluten free recipes? I've got a friend who would love this site (and the price), but she's gluten free.

Hmm ... not sure. Since that's not an issue for us, I never really notice it.

I would e-mail Aviva directly at service@thescramble.com and ask about that. I have e-mailed her a few times and she is very accessible and helpful.

We have subscribed to The Scramble for years and I love it. One thing about the subscription that I like is the ability to search by many factors, including special diets such as gluten-free, dairy-free, kosher, etc. It makes accommodating special diets a lot easier. I really think there is something for anyone who wants to eat healthy. Superlove it.